Sydney’s creative and cultural life will be put under the microscope by local and international experts at this week’s City Talk.
Carol Coletta, president of ArtPlace America, will share her insights from decades spent transforming communities across the United States through arts, culture and creativity, and suggest how Sydney can learn from her experiences.
Ms Coletta will be joined by a panel of leading Australian creative thinkers:
- Marcus Westbury from not-for-profit creative spaces organisation Renew Australia;
- Nicole Durling from the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) in Hobart;
- Katherine Hough from pioneering cultural agency Arts Tasmania;
- Louise O’Donnell from major digital media agency Seed Production; and
- Charles Firth from Manic Studios, hit ABC TV series The Roast, and The Chaser.
The City Talk will be hosted by Lord Mayor Clover Moore, with a special welcome from renowned Australian actor Richard Roxburgh.
WHEN: Wednesday, 10 April 2013
TIME: 6.30pm – 8pm
WHERE: State Theatre – 49 Market Street, Sydney
TICKETS: Free but strictly limited – booking is essential on 136 100 or via ticketmaster.com.au
Carol Coletta and other panellists are available for media opportunities ahead of the City Talk.
CONTACT: City of Sydney Senior Media Adviser Keeley Irvin. Phone 0448 005 718 or email email@example.com